Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Interview with Harlow In Chains @ Emerging Fervour!!

Harlow in Chains Interview @ Emerging Fervour:


"We did a piece on Jeni Jaques and Harlow in Chains not too long ago; and we’ve gone one better and managed to get an interview with her. There are few designers who move me with their stories behind their reasons to become designers…Jeni Jaques from Harlow in Chains is one of the very few. Her answers to my questions are filled with so much passion and love that she would even inspire Gordon Brown to become a jewelery designer. This lady is incredible…take a peek at our interview with her:"

EF: "Jeni, we absolutely love your style... what inspires you to create these big, statement pieces?"

Jeni Jaques:
"Thank you!! I’ve always loved art and creation in all forms: painting, illustration, sewing/fashion design & construction, writing, photography and in recent years constructing one-of-a-kind jewelry and accessories… I’ve also always had a love for older vintage and antique items and have been collecting those since I was a young child. I love the history, mystery and sense of wonder that each and every piece holds: ‘What kind of woman wore this brooch?’; ‘Was this locket a gift from a loved one?’; ‘Did it hold a special meaning?’; ‘What journey has this piece followed to end up in my hands, to use in part to create an entirely new piece?’ It’s mysterious and slightly haunting; I love that…
"

Read the entire interview here >>>>>

Check out the rest of their amazing web-mag! These ladies have amazing taste and quite a bit to say! I know you'll enjoy it!




No comments: